শিক্ষার্থীরা NCTB সিলেবাস অনুযায়ী এইচএসসি HSC. English for Today বইয়ে বেশকিছু নতুন বিষয় যুক্ত করা হয়েছে। জাগোরিকে আমাদের নতুন যুক্ত হওয়া উত্তরণ আলোকে Model Question প্রকাশ করেছি। এরই ধারাবাহিকতায় এই পোস্টে তোমরা এইচএসসি HSC english 1st paper Model Question 32. Unit Five: Youthful Achievers. Lesson 2: Affectionate, Lively and Always Smiling Sheikh Kamal PART-1: READING TEST. সম্পর্কে জানতে পারবে। এই প্যাসেজটি নেওয়া হয়েছে, Unit Five: Youthful Achievers এর Lesson-2 (Part-1) থেকে। সম্পূর্ণ Model Question টি তোমরা উত্তরসহ পাবে।
Model Solution 33
Unit Five: Youthful Achievers
Lesson 3: Drojen Das: On Conquering the English Channel
HSC English First Paper Unit 5 Lesson 3: Drojen Answer
PART-1: READING TEST
- A. (a) iii. incited (b) iv. vitality (c) iii. manager (d) i. perfidy (e) ii. tired (f) ii. annoy (g) iii. Bravery (h) ii.the flashes (i) iv. thrilled (j) iv. notoriety
- (a) The motorboat carried BrojenDas’s manager Quazi Mohammad Ali, skipper Len Hutchinson and the official observer, Mr. J. U. Wood.
(b) The English Channel is so difficult to cross because it has cold biting water, winds and strong waves.
(c) While crossing the English Channel, Brajen Das faced physical weakness and strong tide level of water.
(d) The weather pattern of the Channel is very unpredictable. It is so unpredictable that the weather changes for worse after a swimmer jumps in.
(e) A swimmer in the Channel should have stamina, huge practice, grit, determination and courage.
- 1. Sons of former slaves and sons of slave owners sitting together→ 2.Even the state of Mississippi to be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice→ 3.To live in a nation where citizens not judged by the color of their skin.→ 4.Right down on Alabama, little black boys and girls to join hands with little white boys and girls →5.All people to be treated equally→6. To wipe out injustice and abolish oppression
- The passage depicts the early life of the iconic and inspirational character NishatMazumder. Having a strong educational background with a Master’s degree in Accounting she has an interest of learning about different cultures and languages. So, she has also enrolled for her second master’s degree in Japanese Studies at Dhaka University. Nishat’s life shows us how one can materialize one’s dream just being influenced by a mother. Her mother, AshuraMazumder, was the main inspiration of Nishat’s pursuing her dream.
- (a) banishment (b) arrested (c)rigours (d) whose (e) spared (f) sailing (g) watery (h) savage (i) sympathy (j) generous
- (a) history (b) independence/freedom/victory (c) being (d) independent/free (e) celebrate (f) sacrifice (g) country (h) tribute (i) begins (j) roof
PART-II: WRITING TEST
- The graph below shows the gradual increasing rate of the Internet users in Bangladesh. Describe the graph in at least 80 words. You should highlight the information and report the main features given in the graph.
The graph displays the number of the Internet users from the period 2000 to 2012. The chart shows that during these 13 years the number of the Internet users is increasing rapidly. In 2000, only 31 lakh of people used the Internet whereas in 2002 it rose to 1.5 lakh in number. This number is about 5 times more than that of 2000. The number of the Internet users rose to 2.43 lakh in 2003 that is remarkable.
In 2005, the number of the Internet users reached 3 lakh, and in 2007 it reached 5 lakh. So, we notice the greatest increase in the number of the Internet users between 2005 and 2007 and it is 2 lakh. In 2009, 5.56 lakh of people used the Internet which rose to 6.14 lakh in 2012. From the graph, it is apparent that the tendency of using the Internet is gradually increasing undoubtedly to keep pace with the demand of the modern age.
Complete the following story following the clue.
Once a dove was sitting on a tree. It was singing in a melodious voice. A hunter aimed at it. In the meantime an ant cane….
Helpful Ant and Grateful dove
Once a dove was sitting on a tree. It was singing in a melodious voice. A hunter aimed at it. In the meantime an ant cane and notice it. She hurriedly but on the sly got to the hunter and bit him severely. Being troubled by the ant the hunter moved forward which caused a sound. Hearing the sound the dove could escape from being killed by flying away.
Not long after this, the ant was out for a stroll. It came to a forest. Through the forest ran a clear bubbling stream. And under a blade of grass on the bank sat the ant. She felt very thirsty and bent over to take a drink, but as she did so she slipped and fell into the water.
The strong current snatched her away, carrying her far off down the stream. As hard as she tried she could not manage to swim to the bank.
At that moment the dove was flying by and saw the struggling ant. At once the dove remembered the great help of the ant. She thought she must do something for the ant. So she broke a branch from a nearby tree. And dropped it into the water. The ant did not delay but clambered nimbly on to the branch and at last reached the safety of the bank.
Afterwards the ant met the dove and expressed her gratefulness to her (A). Since then they became good friends.
In fact, helping others selflessly never goes unrewarded. One who helps others selflessly is helped by others somehow, somewhere, some time.
- Suppose, you are Monir/Monira living at Sonapur, Chandpur and a student of Nurpur High College. Your friend.Nazim/Nazma is a rural student living at Kaptal, Rangamati. He/she wants to know about the co-curricular activities of your college. Now, write a letter to your friend describing the co-curricular activities of your college.
10 November 2023
Your sweet note of the 5th instant anchored the shore of my heart as it bore the news of your winning the first prize in the Inter College Debating Competition. In the letter you also wanted to know about the co-curricular activities of our college. Surely I’ll be happy to notify you regarding the co-curricular activities of our college.
You know Chandpur Model College, I read in, is a renowned college in Chandpur District. In addition to providing quality education, it offers an extensive range of extra-curricular activities. Here in our college there are a debating club, a computer club, a musical association and a game association. We have a great opportunity to develop our potential participating in these extra curricular activities. We often arrange debating competition, sports competition and musical competition which the students enjoy to a great extent. You will be glad to know that I am in the cultural group. If you come to my house. I will take you to my college and you will be fascinated seeing the extra-curricular activities of the college.
With best wishes
উক্ত বিষয় সম্পর্কে কিছু জানার থাকলে কমেন্ট করতে পারেন।
আমাদের সাথে ইউটিউব চ্যানেলে যুক্ত হতে এখানে ক্লিক করুন এবং আমাদের সাথে ফেইজবুক পেইজে যুক্ত হতে এখানে ক্লিক করুন। গুরুত্বপূর্ণ আপডেট ও তথ্য পেতে আমাদের ওয়েবসাইটে ভিজিট করুন।